Our comment areas are an open forum used by people of all ages, nationalities and political perspectives. While we want you to have your say about anything you read or view on this site, we also want to make sure that it remains a friendly environment. Comments may be challenging, but they should always be polite and respectful. Our differences should not be the seeds of argument, or division. Rather, they should be stimulus for open, respectful and constructive conversation that brings us all closer together.
To that end, we have established some guidelines that we ask you all to adhere to in the spirit of a great commenting community.
- You will be asked for your name, email address and if you have one, your web site which you are welcome to include.
- Your name will be used as the author of the comment. If you prefer, you can use an alias.
- Your email address will remain confidential and not be shared with any third parties.
- Do NOT include personal / identifiable information in your comments.
Length Of Comments
- Please keep your comments short. If you have a lot to say, a missive, then submit an article for consideration. Comments in excess of 150 words may not be posted.
- After submitting your comment, it will show as “Your comment is awaiting moderation”. All comments will be moderated by www.mycandidacy.info staff or associates before posting. We also use tools to avoid spam.
- The time to get your comment posted will depend on the volume of comments in the queue. Please be patient.
- We are not here to suppress opinion. While we may strongly disagree or be in total agreement with any given comment, our moderators will not suppress opinion so long as it adheres to all the other guidelines of our commenting policy.
- Do not misrepresent yourself, others or spread misinformation. If you are caught doing this, your comments will be removed and your IP address banned from this site.
- This is a public forum. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated. My Candidacy (www.mycandidacy.info) retains the right at its sole discretion to reject comments which we feel are libelous, disrespectful of human rights, contain adult content and/or content that is overtly commercial, racist or sexist. Repeat offenders will have their IP address banned from this site.
Please note: Any threats against an individual or a group that we feel are credible in nature will be removed and more than likely reported to law enforcement agencies with whom we will cooperate in any manner they may ask.
Spelling And Grammar
- The commenting entry box has a spell checker. Please use it. We will not be proof reading comments or correcting grammar and spelling.
Subscribing To The Comment Feed
Before you click Post Comment, right below the Post Comment button, you will notice the following.
If you click in the little box, you will receive e-mail notifications whenever a new comment is added to that particular article or post. You can also subscribe without commenting if you want to follow a comment feed but stay silent on the issue. These notifications will include an un-subscribe link you can use at any time you like. Please note that subscribing to the comments does not subscribe you to our weekly digest.
If you have any questions concerning these guidelines, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.